Diabetes is a chronic, serious and complex condition that affects the entire body. It can severely impact a person’s morale and standard of living. Although there is no cure for diabetes, diabetics can benefit from personalised help to learn about their condition and how to effectively manage it.
Diabetes Management requires daily self-care, or assistance to do so. Failure to do this care can result in complications that significantly impact wellness, quality of life, and life expectancy. Our expert clinical care provides the support you need to improve blood glucose control and reduce diabetes-related complications. Our goal is to help avoid complications and maintain healthy lifestyle behaviour such as:
- Maintaining an appropriate weight
- Eating a balanced diet; and
- Increase physical activity, as you’re able.
- We offer a comprehensive home-based diabetes support and management program designed to help patients with diabetes who are:
- Worried about starting insulin.
- Unsure what to do with their blood sugar when it is high or low.
- Don’t know how to manage their lifestyle to improve diabetes.
- Need help mapping out a diet plan customised to their needs.
- Don’t know how to check their feet to prevent diabetic foot complications.
- Already suffering from diabetic foot ulcers
- Want to reduce the stress of frequent trips to the hospital to treat diabetes-related complications.
Our Scope of Service for Diabetes Management:
- Development of a patient/participant assessment and comprehensive care plan
- Screening and monitoring blood glucose levels, weight, and blood pressure
- Insulin administration and management
- Diabetes education customised to patient/participant needs
- Diet counselling and monitoring
- Active lifestyle education and counselling
- Monitoring for diabetes-related complications
- Diabetic foot care, counselling, and support